Your routes can be changed directly from the Control interface. This is especially useful if you need to make a quick change to a particular route.
1. Select the numbers to update
- Click on the checkbox to the left of the numbers that you would like to update routes for to select them
- Click Edit to change the routing for the selected numbers
2. Edit your numbers and routes
- To change the friendly name saved for a number or the associated email, click on a cell in the Email or Name columns
- To enable a route that was previously not used for the number, click on the three-dot menu in the route column header
- To edit the route, click into the relevant cell under a route that is enabled. The menu allows you to:
- Disable the route
- Transfer calls to the number under the route to a DDI
- Play an announcement to the caller (you can upload one with the audio files permission or use one of the previously uploaded ones)
- Override to call flow (advanced option that allows further routing via the relevant call flow)
Using a table processor offline
You can also download and reimport the whole call routing table, so that you can make updates using a table processor of your choice.
1. Export table
- Export a copy of the routing service table by clicking 'Export' and then 'Download'.
Your browser might block the download on the first attempt so please keep an eye out for any pop-ups or error messages in the URL bar.
2. Complete/Update table
- The 'Call Routing' tab in the downloaded file will contain your Smartnumbers. Simply add up to 7 routes for each Smartnumber in columns (D-J).
- Each route can contain:
- Transfer to number (a DDI starting with a +)
- Play an announcement (using a previously uploaded audio file, in the format "Announcement: filename")
- Nothing (disables the route)
- You can name your Smartnumbers and routes to make them more recognisable, as well as provide an email address for each number.
- Save the file.
3. Import table
- Import the saved file by clicking the ‘Import’ button.
Creating a plan
When you upload a set of numbers and routes or use inline editing to update routes and there is no active plan, you will be prompted to create your first plan. Route 1 will be automatically set as the default route, but you can update that and add a secondary or tertiary failover route if you wish.
- Click 'Save' and then the numbers will be validated to ensure that there are no errors that may prevent calls from being delivered
- If no errors are found, you will be asked to confirm before the changes are reflected in your live Control service.
- If any validation errors are found, please correct them in the spreadsheet and re-import the document using the steps above.
You can also create additional plans to cover up to 9 call routing scenarios.