When you call using Smartnumbers Mobile, your Smartnumber is presented to the person you are calling rather than your personal phone number. To make a call from Smartnumbers Mobile, do one of the following:
- In Contacts, search for a contact and proceed to their details screen. Tap the phone icon next to their phone number.
- Open Recents and tap an entry to call that number.
- Use the Dial pad to enter a phone number then tap the call button.
- Open a Message and tap the phone icon.
If you have selected Use Callback in the Call Settings menu, the Smartnumbers service first calls your current Location setting (your mobile phone by default) and then, when you answer the call, the Smartnumbers service calls the person you are trying to contact. If you are using Smartnumbers mobile on an iPad, calls are always made using Callback.
If Smartnumbers Mobile does not have permission to access your phone contacts, then Smartnumbers Mobile does not display contacts from your personal device.
To give Smartnumbers Mobile permission to access your phone contacts, do the following:
- iOS - Navigate to your phone settings and select Smartnumbers. Slide the toggle next to Contacts.
- Android - Navigate to your phone settings and select Apps > Smartnumbers mobile > Permissions. Slide the toggle next to Contacts.