Smartnumbers Control has an automatic failover capability which re-routes inbound calls whenever a network outage or congestion is detected which prohibits the normal delivery of calls. The service monitors every call and automatically redirects calls to an alternative destination should delivery problems be experienced.
Calls are redirected when the following signals are detected:
- Congestion or Network Busy: There is no capacity available.
- Number Unobtainable: The number dialled is not configured correctly.
- Unsupported Media: The destination end-point is unable to receive a voice call (e.g. when sending a voice call to a fax line or encrypted phone).
- Address Incomplete: There are not enough numbers in the destination address.
- User Busy (Optional): The number dialled is already busy, and there is no voicemail or alternate number to route the call to. Typically this would be returned when a user is already on the phone.
- Other: A failure not covered by above options.
During normal operation the service attempts to deliver each call to a primary destination. If a problem is experienced, the service will automatically try to redirect that same call to a secondary destination. In turn, if a problem is experienced on the secondary route, the service will automatically try to redirect that call to a tertiary destination.
Each and every call will be handled in the same way until the problem is cleared.