Telecom network operators have privileged access to both call signalling and user behaviour information that can assist in fraud prevention. This data is unavailable to enterprises because it is either lost in translation or cannot be shared directly due to regulatory constraints, for example, withheld numbers. Network operators are permitted, however, to use this data in the derivation of an overall fraud score for each incoming call.
Smartnumbers sits in the core of the UK telephony network to identify suspicious calls using call signalling data. Unlike similar services, Smartnumbers detects suspicious calls before answering, and allows for real-time decision-making on how to handle suspicious calls.
The Smartnumbers Protect service is delivered from the cloud, removing the need for hardware, software or capital expenditure.
The key benefits of Smartnumbers Protect service are:
- Analysis of core network data that is reserved for Ofcom regulated networks unavailable to end customers, to identify suspicious activity.
- Individual calls assessed against industry-tested rules.
- Option to route suspicious calls to a designated delivery number.
- On-demand reports containing all telephony data relating to each call (not including withheld CLIs due to regulatory and data privacy constraints).
- Easy integration and setup using a hosted platform.