The Denylist enables you to mark callers as known fraudsters. Future calls received from the caller will automatically be flagged as high risk (with a risk score of 0.9) even if the caller withholds or spoofs their caller ID.
Adding a caller ID to the Denylist
- Numbers can be added to the Denylist by uploading a CSV in the following format:
- One Denylisted number per row
- E.164 with no spacing (e.g. +447700900000)
- Maximum of 15 digits
- Withheld caller IDs can be added to the Denylist directly from a call record within Records. These caller IDs will not be displayed.
- You can search for a caller ID on the Denylist using the search bar
- Withheld caller IDs on the Denylist are not searchable
- You can delete any caller ID from the Denylist. This will have an immediate effect on new calls from the same caller.
- Withheld caller IDs can only be removed from the Denylist directly from a call record within Records.